Monday, March 4, 2013

The Grant


FROM BRUCE

1 Mar

Well after a hiatus where life and working around the house on things I had to do rather than something I wanted has again passed, I finally have some progress to report on my Academy Grant tank project. I finally finished the suspension and moved into the interior, whereupon I found myself with a quandary.  When I started modeling 20 something years ago, the armor was a shell.  I began this project with the idea to finish it quick and use it to resurrect my techniques.  However as I move forward, I’m finding that the models are now incredibly more detailed than when I was a child.  My Grant tank has a complete interior with much small detail.  I now have to decide whether to skip the interior parts and complete the shell to practice my weathering and painting or complete the interior in as much detail as I can, using the entire model for the practice.  The problem being that it will of course, significantly extend the time it takes me to complete my practice model.



I’m inclined to complete the small details of the Grant, but this will move the start of my planned North African diorama back quite a while.  I’ve painted the main hull assembly and am doing my research on the Grant interiors. For those interested. I found a couple of very informative webpages..


And


And one with more incredible detail than I will EVER achieve


The last one is a Verlinden upgrade kit from resin

I’ll be working a little more tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment